Travelling can be a life-changing experience, but it is a big commitment and not one that you should underestimate. When you decide to go travelling, you will be pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone, and you won’t be coming back to the same life – chances are you will be changing job, moving into a different house and generally changing the way in which you live due to your experience. It is not something to take lightly to leave your life behind for months at a time and travel.
Travelling is also a wonderful, eye-opening experience that many people will enjoy for such diverse reasons. Don’t think that you shouldn’t experience it because it might be a little tricky – just make sure you put some serious thought into the logistics. If you have any doubts about your career, speak to your company and see if they can make your job safe for a few months.
Renting out a villa is a good option for people looking for a quiet and peaceful holiday. There are lots of different villa options around the world, depending on what you want to do and see whilst on holiday. You will be able to choose your location, going for somewhere in a holiday village that is a little more lively or choosing somewhere more secluded for a peaceful time.
Villas sound luxurious, but there are plenty of deals if you book at the right time, especially if you travel out of season. Booking villas and flights as a package may also be an option to reduce your costs. You will get lots of different kinds of facilities in villas, such as air conditioning, kitchens and swimming pools. You will mainly need to decide what is most important to you, then work out what you can fit into your holiday budget.
It isn’t always easy to budget whilst on the road, especially if you don’t have any income and really need to plan ahead. Travelling is an amazing experience, but you do need to be careful and make sure your money will go as far as possible.
Here are some of the things you can do to budget for your trip:
- Check your balance regularly. Every time you have access to the internet, check your bank account, especially if you are paying for accommodation and flights.
- Account for the expensive parts of the trip. Make sure you take into consideration the parts of the trip that will cost more and account for the amounts.
- Cook your own food when you can. This will save you a lot of money on eating out.
- Travel by bus and do it as cheaply as you can. It might not be comfortable, but if you are short of money, then it’s the best way to save some cash.
Travelling with others may seem like a safer option than travelling alone. This might be the case, but equally, you are going to face a unique set of problems when you are in a group. Here are some of the safety basics to think about to protect yourself abroad:
- Don’t attract attention to yourselves. When you’re having fun in a group, the temptation is to get carried away. Be careful not to have too many drinks in a strange place and find yourselves in a vulnerable situation.
- Plan your route. Look at maps and decide where you are going to go ahead of time. This will help your travel plans to go smoothly.
- Share the responsibility. The temptation is to let one person who may be a good planner take care of everything. Remember that you are all responsible for your time away and share duties, like map reading, transport planning and accommodation booking.
Europe has so much to offer travellers. It is a destination that people from all over the world would like to visit. As British citizens, we are in close proximity to some amazing, cheap destinations that would make an excellent holiday.
Much of Europe tends to have better weather than we have in the UK. Even countries like Germany will have very cold winters but very hot summers, making it a great destination for a mini break over the summer months,
The European culture is something that really attracts people as well. There is a great cafe culture, with lots of residents enjoying great coffee and demanding good cafes. There is also a lot of really good European beer.
European architecture is varied and beautiful. From the dramatic Medieval architecture of Prague to the countryside of Italian Lombardy, there is something for everyone. Spend some time in a picturesque city or relax along stunning coastline.
Holiday packages are a convenient, and usually cheaper, way to travel. They include everything you need for the beginning of your holiday, usually at the very least a hotel and flights there and back. There are some things you should be asking of your holiday package deal. Here are some of them:
- How much money will it cost all together? Make sure the tax has been added to the flights and the price you are looking at is the finalised price.
- What times are the flights? Many packages deal include the cheapest flights possible, which are usually at pretty inconvenient times. If this is the case and you don’t mind, great. If you want to swap, you may need to pay more.
- Is transport included? Make sure you know how you are getting to your accommodation once you arrive. Many deals will include a bus transfer as part of the price.
City breaks are great for shorter holidays that won’t cost you too much money. The beauty of a city break is that you will get to spend some time away, relax, unwind, yet see lots of interesting sights as well. A city break is a good way to see interesting parts of another country.
To book your next city break, it’s best to look at flights and see which ones are available for a good price. This will give you an idea of destinations that are affordable for you. If the flights don’t go exactly where you want them to, see if there is good onward travel, like buses and trains.
Next, book your accommodation. Look at booking websites to compare prices for hotels. If you are staying in a capital city, expect prices to be quite high. However, if you are visiting a big city like Berlin or Paris, there will also be lots of options at various prices.