Many people will sit tight, wait, and pray the prices drop over time for their summer holiday, but the fact is they don’t. Some of the cheapest summer holiday prices can be found in the winter and January in particular with New Year deals.
You may find that this is rather strange, but hotels want to be booked up early. It makes it easier for them to know the levels their going to have, and the earlier they fill up their rooms, the better.
It can be strange planning a summer holiday when Christmas is just around the corner, but that does not mean it is wrong. If you have a good idea on where you want to go, start looking now because you may in fact be pleasantly surprised.
Here’s a few of our recommendations if you’re stuck for ideas:
- South Africa
- Greek Islands
Flying doesn’t come easy to everyone, and it’s important to let people know of the possibilities that are out there, so they can finally enjoy holidays in the destinations they’ve always dreamed of visiting.
Many airlines provide flying courses (and no this doesn’t mean you get to fly the plane). British Airways were one of the first to provide a flying course, and they can be undertaken at a variety of destinations, such as New York, London, and Edinburgh. Many people delay flying, essentially limiting the number of destinations they visit, perhaps restricting their selves to Europe only.
For those who want to go abroad, but don’t feel prepared enough, flying courses are one option, but we have our own advice:
- Familiarise yourself with airport scenery, perhaps by visiting you nearby airport. By seeing the planes take off, hearing the noises, it can play a big part in conquering your fear.
- Statistics are on your side, remember this. Plane crashes or problems are very rare, and when there are problems, this is why they tend to make it on the news.
- Don’t read too much into the media. This links to the previous point, and it’s important any stories you read in the paper before your flight do not shatter your fear, so it could be worth avoiding the news until you arrive at your destination.
- Pretending you’re in a car or on a bus can also help, planes are relatively smooth at both taking off and landing, and if you don’t think about it too much, your journey will be a lot easier on your mind.
- Our final option which we only recommend if it is really necessary, take sedatives. It can work, but it may not fully conquer your fears.